Have you ever baked an avocado? Well if not, you are missing out! Enjoy this recipe for a nutritious, on-the-go breakfast or snack.
As a vegan, I choose not to consume any animal meat or product but I love providing my clients with the best information out there including recipes that will help them reach their goals faster.
Keep in mind that all foods should be organic and GMO-free when possible and eggs specifically should be pasture-raised, on grass.
Baked Avocado & Egg Boats
Here’s what you need…
- 1 organic avocado, halved with pit removed
- 2 medium eggs, organic, pasture-raised
- Salt, pepper, and your favorite seasoning like Fajita Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Slice the avocado in half. Flip the avocado side over and slice off enough of the rounded skin so that it can sit flat when the fleshy side is up.
- Place the avocados, fleshy side up, in a baking pan. Scoop out enough of the avocado to accommodate a medium egg. Crack some salt into each hole. Add an egg to each avocado half.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and the seasoning of your choice.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the egg has fully set. Eat with a spoon and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 183 calories, 15g fat, 7g carbohydrate, and 7g proteinn