Are you ready to get healthy in 2020? We are entering the new decade and this is the perfect time to invest in yourself just like you do everything else that matters to you! Imagine what could happen if you changed your mindset from believing being healthy is too expensive and instead looked at it as an investment in yourself and a full life with your kids, grandchildren, partner, and family! Too often eating healthy and exercising gets pushed aside but we pay for it in the long run.
Imagine being able to run around with your grandchildren or children, travel without feeling limited, grow old with fewer aches and pains! In the end, your health is what’s going to matter over eating out every night, buying things you don’t need, or any other material thing. Because what is the point in having all of those “things” if you can’t enjoy them?
I encourage you TODAY to reevaluate the things in your life. Are you sewing into your future or are you putting value into things that provide only temporary satisfaction?
Create a plan of action with these steps:
- Write down all the things that you want to be able to do in the new year. Maybe that is run a 5k, be able to go hiking or walk the stairs without getting out of breath, take a vacation somewhere you have to walk a lot. There is no wrong answer, just put down the things that you want the most! n
- Make a gameplan of an activity that you can do 3-5 times a week to build up your physical fitness such as brisk uphill walking, a light jog, a HIIT workout, a yoga class, or joining a semi-private group fitness class like we offer at Holly Roser Fitness studio. This is something you need to do long-term, we need exercise to build lean muscle, improve endurance, and reduce inflammation. This is especially important as we age.n
- Ask a friend or family member to be your accountability partner. Having a support system is key so you never feel alone in your journey.
- Join a gym or create a mini home gym with a few weights and bands! If you don’t know where to start with your workouts, ask for guidance from a personal trainer in your local area or sign up for an online training program that you can do at home!
- Be gentle with yourself and remember that your health will improve over time, not overnight. It’s common to want to see results quickly, but you also have to make sure that you are creating healthy habits that will produce lasting changes – no quick fixes here!
If you are looking for a personal trainer in San Mateo or San Francisco area, then call us or sign up here for your first class! My trainers and I would love to help you reach your fitness goals in the new year!
Leave me a comment below and tell me how you are investing in your health this week!